- How will I know if I am getting FSEOG?
If the award FSEOG is listed on your award letter.
- How is FSEOG Determined?
Priority for these awards is given to Federal Pell Grant recipients with the lowest Expected Family Contribution (EFC) determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The award amount is dependent on annual availability of funds and other resources that make up an individual ...
- How much money can I get through Pell Grant program?
The maximum Pell Grant for the 2009–10 award year is $5,350. The amount of the grant depends on both the student's EFC and several other factors. These factors are the student's cost of attendance (tuition and fees, room and board, books, supplies, and so on) and the amount of time the stu ...
- How do I demonstrate completion of a rigorous high school curriculum?
Students must submit an ACG application to their high school counselor to be completed and submitted to our office. Along with that submitted application, our office will evaluate the student's high school transcript to determine completion of a rigorous high school curriculum.
- How do I know if I am going to receive a Pell Grant award at FTCC?
After you have completed your FAFSA you will need to wait at least 3-5 business days, before attempting to check the status on your Web Advisor. If your FAFSA application has been received by our office we will post the requested documents on Web Advisor
- If I receive an FSEOG award, when will it disburse to my account?
FTCC will post tentative disbursement dates for each semester as soon as they become available. Students may access this information by logging into FTCC homepage then Financial Aid then Disbursements. Internal: Please refer to Pell and Loans Disbursement chart.
- How much can I receive in FSEOG?
Total amount for FALL and SPRING Term is $500. (If eligible)
- How many credit hours do I have to take to get a Pell Grant?
As little as 1 credit, however Pell Grant is adjusted to credits hours registered. Sometime, if student is eligible for a very small amount of Pell grant, student can only use the funds if registered full time (12 credits)
- If I receive an ACG award, when will it disburse to my account?
Students who are awarded ACG will receive an email notification of the award and the award with amounts will post to the student's Web Advisor. Tentative disbursement dates for refunds (excess over tuition, fees, and any charges by student) are posted on Web Site for student access.
- If I get a Pell Grant, when will it disburse to my account?
The Pell Grant award will not disburse until Pell census. Internal: Please refer to Pell Disbursement chart.
- I haven't finished my taxes yet. What should I do?
You can complete a FAFSA application with estimated amounts. Howerver FTCC financial aid office cannot process verified files until taxes are properly filed.
- I was told I have Financial Aid. Why was I dropped from my classes for non-payment?
This could have happened for a variety of reasons. Please contact the Financial Aid office for further information.
- Can I pick up my Financial Aid refund check?
No, all financial aid refund checks are mailed, without exception. Please make sure that the Admissions office has your current address to ensure you receive your check.
- Why is my Financial Aid refund not the amount I thought it would be?
The Financial Aid office deterines the amount of your refund and can answerquestions about your refund check.